Þessi viðburður er liðinn
FESTIVAL-PASSES AND SINGLE DAY-PASSES AVAILABLE NOW!
Sigur Rós invite you to NORÐUR OG NIÐUR art festival, their ambitious curation of Harpa, Reykjavik’s premiere state-of-the-art venue. This December 27-30, the shortest, darkest days of Iceland’s Winter will play host to a multimedia event bringing together performances from friends and collaborators from all over the world.
27. December (Wednesday): Blanck Mass (UK), Alexis Taylor (Hot Chip) (UK), Dimma (IS), Kristín Anna (IS), Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson, Steindór Andersen & Páll from Húsafell (IS), Alex Somers (US), Árni (IS), Reykjanesbær Bell Choir (IS), Ingi Garðar Erlendsson (IS)and more.
Gloomy Holiday: Classic Christmas songs have been Sigur Rosed. Performers: Alexis Taylor, Peaches, Björgvin Halldórsson, Daníel Ágúst, Helga Möller, Helgi Björns, Katrína Mogensen from Mammút, Laddi, Ragga Gísla, Sigga Beinteins and Svala. Samúel Jón Samúelsson (Sammi) is music director. See more.
Film: Disaster Playground | Dr. Nelly Ben Hayoun.
Talk: Andri Snær Magnason and ‘Dreamland’
28. December (Thursday): Kevin Shields (My Bloody Valentine) (IR), Gus Gus (IS), Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith (US), Mary Lattimore (US), Mammút (IS), Alex Somers (US), Kórus (IS), Kjartan Holm & Caleb Smith (IS/US), Jo Berger Myhere & Ólafur Björn Ólafsson (NO/IS), Annual Icelandic World Championship Ginger Cookie Competition (IS) , Bergrún (IS), and more.
Film: Heima | Dean DeBlois
29. December (Friday): Mogwai (SCT), Peaches (CA), Dan Deacon (US), Iceland Dance Company (IS)*, Mary Lattimore & Julianna Barwick (US), Kristín Anna (IS), Dustin O‘Halloran (US), Julianna Barwick (US), JFRD (IS), Hugar (IS), Alex Somers (US), Sigrún (IS), Brassgat í bala (IS), Rex Pistols (IS), and more.
Film: Undir trénu | Daníel Bjarnason
30. December (Saturday): Jarvis Cocker (UK), Stars of the Lid (US), Sin Fang, Sóley & Örvar Smárason (IS), Ulrich Schnauss (DE), Iceland Dance Company (IS)*, Amiina (IS), Gyða (IS), Mr. Silla (IS), Alex Somers (US), Liminal – Sigur Rós Soundbath (IS/US), Eiríkur Orri, Ólafsson (IS), and more.
Film: The Show of Shows | Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson
Full schedule is available at nordurognidurnidur.is
* Iceland Dance Company presents a mystical carnival under the artistic direction of Erna Ómarsdóttir. Premiering two new pieces in collaboration with Sigur Rós and Reykjavik Art Festival.
‘At dusk, we embrace’ by Erna Ómarsdóttir and Valdimar Jóhannsson in collaboration with IDC dancers
A midwinter night’s dream where new music by Sigur Rós is met with the high pitched and breathy extreme physicality of Iceland Dance Company. Dancing, screaming and fighting to free themselves from the burdens of the past and embracing the endless night.
‘The Great Gathering’ by Ásrún Magnúsdóttir and Alexander Roberts in collaboration with IDC dancers
A large group of adults and children dance together with buzz in the ears, stereo of sound and steamy fog. Splashing in puddles with bleeding noses, they live in another world where they are never invisible. Spinning round and round – holding hands – the whole world a blur.
Additionally, a full program of cinema will be revealed with selected screenings and talks from some of Sigur Rós’s friends and collaborators. Oscar-nominated director Dean DeBlois will talk about making the Sigur Rós documentary Heima, while and Dr. Nelly Ben Hayoun of NASA and SETI Institute will showcase her offbeat film about the real world preparedness for asteroid impact in Disaster Playground. Elsewhere fast-rising young composer Daníel Bjarnason will talk about his score work on Under the Tree, and Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson will introduce a screening of ‘Show of Shows’. More talks and screenings to be added.
Due to issues with his travel Jóhann Jóhansson is unable to perform at Norður og niður. This afternoon in Norðurljós there will two special performances to replace his slot: Mary Lattimore collaborating with Julianna Barwick; and an encore performance from Kristín Anna.
Please note that all tickets for Sigur Rós’s performance in Eldborg are sold out.